GRANTEDBY.ME (“GBM”) is a secure service provided via mobile applications for unique
identification that enables users to safely use the services requiring registration or login of
websites that accept or use this method of identification, with the help of a mobile device and
without any password (“Services”). The Services may only be used when using websites that
support and accept it, in case of other websites the Company does not grant the use of the
Services. The website (www.grantedby.me
) contains the all-time list of the
websites making the use of the Service possible.
These service terms and conditions (“Agreement”) constitute a contract between Torii Gate Kft.
with offices at H-1183 Budapest, 1 Zalán str, Hungary (“Company” or “we”, “us”), and you (“you”
or “user”). The Company is the owner and the provider of the Services under the brand name
GRANTEDBY.ME, including this website, the mobile applications and any other tools and materials
provided by the Company in connection with the Services.
By accessing or using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you are
entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company, organization or other entity, you represent
that you have such authority to bind such entity and are agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of
such entity. If you do not have such authority to enter into this Agreement or do not agree with
these terms and conditions, you may not use the Services.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE COMPANY DOESN’T PROVIDE WARRANTIES FOR THE SERVICES, AND THIS AGREEMENT
LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO YOU.
- In order to use the Services, the GRANTEDBY.ME application must to be downloaded
to your mobile phone or other mobile device.
The GRANTEDBY.ME application may be downloaded to devices using IOS or Android
operating systems, from the AppStore or the Google Play Store, depending on the
operating system of your mobile device.
- A connection of the mobile device through the downloaded GBM applications is
also necessary for the use of Services. During device connection procedure, you
will be asked to provide us with your email address. By clicking the Connect
Device button in the application, you declare that you understand and accept
this Agreement. We will send you a confirmation link to your email
account. To finish the registration of your mobile device, you have to click on
the link sent to your email account. This link serves as a confirmation of the
registration. By clicking on the link, you will finish the registration
procedure and your mobile device will be ready to use our Services via the GBM
- The registration must be repeated each time you want to use the Services on a
different mobile device. Please note that you may use the same email address for
several device registrations.
- You are liable for providing a valid email address and for the secure use of the
email address you provided. We treat your email address confidential and in
- Please note that, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from
unauthorized use of your account or your email address.
- ACCESS, USE AND SUPPORT
- The Company grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license
to use the Services, including, but not limited to the applications, solely in
strict compliance with this Agreement, and other applicable laws.
- We are not obligated to provide updates, modifications, or new releases of the
applications, though we may do so voluntarily from time to time, which does not
constitute a waiver of this provision. We may perform these updates remotely
without notifying you.
- We reserve the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Services or a
particular feature or aspect of the Services at any time either permanently or
temporarily, at which point your license to use the Services or any part of it
will be automatically terminated or suspended. If that happens, we are not
required to provide any benefits or other compensation to you in connection with
discontinued elements of the Services.
- WE MAY, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, LIMIT, SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE
ACCOUNTS OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES OR ANY PORTION OF THEM AND WE ARE UNDER NO
OBLIGATION TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR OTHER RESULTS OF SUCH ACTION.
- OUR USE AND STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
sets forth how we will collect, store, and use your data. If you do not agree to
- You further acknowledge and agree that we may access or disclose your data:
- if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any
applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request,
- to enforce our agreements and policies,
- to protect the security or integrity of our services and products,
- to protect ourselves, our other customers, or the public from harm or
illegal activities, or
- to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to
disclose data to assist in preventing a death or serious bodily injury.
- The company stores your email addresses provided at the time of the registration
exclusively, other data relating to the users is not required by the Company,
and the Company does not manage or store other data. By accepting the Agreement,
you expressly approve the data management. Under Point a) Paragraph (1) Section
5 of Act CXII of 2011 on information self-determination and freedom of
information, the legal basis of the Company’s data management is the voluntary
approval of the person concerned. The user gives the approval by providing the
e-mail address. The objective of data management is to ensure the use of the
Services. The Company does not verify the conformity of the email address, upon
providing the email address the user takes responsibility that with this address
only the user uses the Services. Data management starts with registration and
endures until unregistering or deletion of the account.
about the cookies by navigating on our website to here.
- The following restrictions apply for the use of Services:
- you cannot use our Services if you cannot enter into a binding contract
- you cannot use our Services if you are under 13 years of age, in which
case you must not create an account, use any part of the Services, or
submit personal information through the applications;
- you agree not to transfer, resell, lease, license or otherwise make
available our Services to third parties;
- you must use our Services in accordance with all applicable laws and
third party rights;
- you may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise
create, attempt to create or derive, or permit or assist anyone else to
create or derive the source code of any software provided in connection
with the Services.
- The download and the use of the GRANTEDBY.ME applications, the registration and
the use of the Service is free of charge.
- Your telecommunications carrier or service provider may charge you fees for data
usage, messaging, phone calls, or other services required for you to make use of
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; OWNERSHIP
- Except as expressly set forth herein, the Company alone will retain any and all
intellectual property rights relating to the Services, including, but not
limited to the applications, or any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests,
feedback, recommendations or other information provided by any user or any third
party. The user may not copy, distribute, reproduce or use any of the foregoing
except as expressly permitted under this Agreement.
- We shall not, under any circumstances, pay compensation or other reimbursement
for any user or third parties submitting any suggestions or contributions with
regard to our Services. Such suggestions or contributions shall not be kept
confidential and we may use or disclose them for any purpose without the
obligation of paying compensation or reimbursement. By sending us suggestions or
contributions, you irrevocably license rights to exploit such suggestions or
- WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
- THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW,
THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF
ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS
ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF
NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES RELATED TO THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT, MATERIAL, SERVICES OR
SOFTWARE. TO THE EXTENT THIS DISCLAIMER CONFLICTS WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND
REGULATIONS, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY WILL BE THE
MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER THAT LAW.
- THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT
- THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR
ERROR-FREE OR WILL OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY HARDWARE, SOFTWARE,
SYSTEM, OR DATA,
- THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS,
- ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR
- THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE
OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY TO ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY.
- THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT
IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. THE COMPANY IS NOT
RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM
ANY SUCH EVENTS.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES,
OFFICERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS (“RELEASED
PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY CONNECTED WITH ANY UNATHORIZED USE OF THE
SERVICES, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS,
INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH UNATHORIZED USE OF THE
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS OR
EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES,
OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT
(INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY
WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR OUR MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT
LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE COMPANY, ITS SERVICES OR MATERIALS, OR THAT
RESULTS FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR E-MAIL,
ERROR, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF
PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE,
THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO GBM’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR
SERVICES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE
LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- THE RISK OF USING THE SERVICES AND EXTERNAL SITES OR PROGRAMS RESTS ENTIRELY
WITH YOU AS DOES THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE SERVICES AND EXTERNAL SITES OR
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY ANY LAW THAT APPLIES, THE DISCLAIMERS OF
LIABILITY IN THIS AGREEMENT APPLY TO ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE
SERVICES, OR RELATED TO USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, UNDER ANY
CAUSE OF ACTION IN ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTIONS FOR
BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH THE COMPANY OR ITS
AFFILIATES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES.
- If you use or misuse the Services, or if you violate this Agreement and that
results in a loss, damage, a claim or liability against the Company or its
affiliates, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Company and its
affiliates harmless for that loss, damage, claim or liability, including
compensating us for our legal fees or expenses. If the Company or its affiliates
want to, we are allowed to take exclusive charge of the defense of any case on
which you are required to compensate or reimburse us, and it will be at your
- You also have to cooperate in the Company’s or its affiliates’ defense of these
cases. The Company and/or its affiliates will use reasonable efforts to let you
know if we learn of any claim on which you have to compensate or reimburse us.
This will apply even if you stop using the Services or your account is deleted.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- We may revise this Agreement from time to time. If we do, the revised Agreement
will supersede prior versions. Unless we state otherwise, revisions will be
effective upon the effective date indicated at the top of the Agreement. We will
provide you advance notice of any material revisions. This notice will be
provided by a notice on the website or in the applications and/or by an email to
the email address we have on file. For other revisions, we will update the
effective date of this Agreement at the top of the page. We encourage you to
check the effective date of the Agreement whenever you visit this GBM website.
- Your continued access or use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of any
revisions. If you don’t agree to the revisions, you should stop using the
- The Company’s failure to enforce at any time any provision of this Agreement
does not waive our right to do so later. And, if we do expressly waive any
provision of this Agreement, that does not mean it is waived for all time in the
future. Any waiver must be in writing and signed by us to be legally binding.
- You will not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement, in whole or in part,
without our prior written consent. Any attempt to assign, delegate, or transfer
this Agreement will be null and void. Subject to this Section, the Agreement
will be binding on both you and the Company and each of our successors and
- If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of
competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, that provision will be limited or
eliminated to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable and, in any
event, the rest of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement will be given
in writing to the receiving party by personal delivery, certified mail, return
receipt requested, overnight delivery by a nationally recognized carrier or by
email upon confirmation of receipt. Notices to us shall be copied to [email protected].
- Except as provided in this Agreement and any attachments to this Agreement, this
Agreement supersede all prior and contemporaneous proposals, statements, sales
materials or presentations and agreements, oral and written. No oral or written
information or advice given by the Company, its agents or employees will create
a warranty or in any way increase the scope of the warranties in these Terms.
- No failure, delay or default in performance of any obligation of a party shall
constitute an event of default or breach of this Agreement to the extent that
such failure to perform, delay or default arises out of a cause, existing or
future, that is beyond the control and without negligence of such party,
including action or inaction of governmental, civil or military authority; fire;
strike, lockout or other labor dispute; flood; terrorist act; war; riot; theft;
earthquake and other natural disaster. The party affected by such cause shall
take all reasonable actions to minimize the consequences of any such cause.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of
Hungary without regard to conflicts of laws and principles that would cause laws
of another jurisdiction to apply. The Company and you agree that they settle the
disputes arising from the present document primarily by direct reconciliation.
In case they fail to reach an agreement within 30 days from the emergence of
their dispute, and under the prevailing acts the Pest Central District Court,
the Metropolitan Court of Budapest or the Budapest Environs Regional Court has
no jurisdiction to rule in their dispute, the parties subject themselves to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the Budapest District Court for the II. District of
Budapest or the County Court of Székesfehérvár, depending on the amount in